Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Grilled cheese rolls and home made tater tots





Tonight I made a kid friendly meal that my husband and I enjoyed immensely. Its not something I make every night but once in a while its nice to indulge.

Who doesn't love a grilled cheese sandwich? I know as a kid we always had a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. My grandma made the best tomato soup, she added milk to hers instead of water, it was so yummy. Or maybe just the fact that grandma made it with love made it all the better.

So this evening my kids wanted grilled cheese with chips and I decided to change it up. I peeled about 4 potatoes and grated them, added about 2 tsp of flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder and fried them in some oil, they have to be crispy on the outside! They turned out awesome!

For the grilled cheese rolls I took out my bread, flattened it down with my hands, cut the crust off and laid a slice of cheese and rolled them. I put them in the frying pan with a little butter until they were golden brown and my kids gobbled them up.

Its been snowing like crazy so it was nice to make something comforting for the kids.

Thanks for reading,

Retro Wifey

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great and the way you fixed the sandwiches, they would be perfect for dipping in soup! I can't believe you made homemade tater tots!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete