Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Candy Tray

I made these out of hard candies. They are so fun and easy! Can't wait to use this Christmas morning with some of the finger foods that I plan on serving to our friends and family as they stop over to visit.
I use a Silicone pad because NOTHING sticks on them but you can use parchment paper if you do not have the silicone. Make sure you space about 1/2 inch between the candies that way they don't bulk up and look to bubbly. If bubble do form use a toothpick or something sharp to pop them. You may need to use a butter knife to line up and straighten the edges but I really didn't need to, they come out pretty good.  Bake on 350 for about 7 min or until they look flat. Once they are out of the oven let them sit before you move them because they are very pliable and will bend and they harden fast. I laid them on the counter until they were completely cool. I made the Christmas Tree then the round plate at the bottom, tomorrow I am going to make a wreath and ornament!! This is so fun to do with the kids, let them line up their own candies and make their own plate. Have fun and I hope you enjoy. 


5 comments:

  1. That would be cool to make it personalized...make a letter out of one color and fill in with the other color! one question: When it dries, is it sticky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sticky at first but you could personalize them before they harden, they are not to sticky once cooled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo cute! Wish I was still managing Restaurants we used to get them in by the boxes (candy)! would make a cute roof for a gingerbread house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was so cool, I tried it and posted about it on my blog - you should see a track back or ping back to your post. Just loved it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea - Kalamity Kelli sent me to check out your post.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete