Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Eating with the Stars

 I love looking trying recipes that have been handed down for generations. I came across these recipes from our favorite Stars. I wanted to share them with you, maybe you could try them with your family? This sounds really good, I think I'm going to try my hand at this over the weekend. Who doesn't love BBQ Chicken?!


Oven Baked BBQ Chicken with Cary Grant






Recipe courtesy of The History Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 3 chickens, 1 ½ lbs each (or 1 chicken, 4.5 lbs), cut into pieces
  • Olive or vegetable oil for frying
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup A-1 sauce
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup cider vinegar
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch (or more if needed)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat olive or vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium till hot. Fry the chicken pieces in the hot oil in batches till browned. Season with salt and pepper as you cook.
  2. Place browned chicken pieces in a 9x13 baking dish. In a saucepan, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, water, A-1 sauce, sugar, cider vinegar, onion and garlic. Whisk together over medium heat till warm.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp cold water till smooth. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the barbecue sauce, whisking till incorporated. Continue to whisk over medium heat till the sauce is hot, bubbly, and thickened. Remove from heat. Pour the sauce evenly across the top of the chicken pieces. Cover the roasting dish with foil.
  4. Bake the chicken for 60-75 minutes, or until the meat is tender and well cooked. Remove from the oven. If you’d like to serve extra sauce with the chicken, skim the fat drippings from the top of the sauce. To thicken the leftover sauce, pour it into a saucepan and heat over medium. Mix together equal amounts of cornstarch and water, a half tablespoon at a time, and slowly whisk into the sauce. Heat and add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly, till desired consistency is reached. Serve chicken warm with the thickened barbecue sauce on the side.



Judy Garland Vegetable Salad

I have read that her French Dressing is to die for! I am not much of a French Dressing lover, but I will give this a try. This is a pretty simple salad recipe. This may go good with Cary Grants BBQ dinner? I am not going to type out the recipe since its clear to see from the picture.






I LOVE Carole Lombard, unfortunately her life was cut very short. I love that we have something special left behind as well as her movies.  Recipes are things that people hold near and dear, so to have something like this is a treasure. I will give this a try. My Husband loves Spare Ribs. This would be a great for a Sunday dinner while watching some Football. Again, I didn't type this out because its clear to see from the picture.






I found this handwritten recipe from Marilyn Monroe, what a treasure!! I have provided the link to the recipe since its hard to read and understand. If you want to try it, check out the link! I LOVE to see her handwriting on this picture, how cool!

New York Times










Here is a yummy recipe from Betty White, our favorite Golden Girl!!







I hope you enjoyed these recipes I have posted. I will look for some more and do another blog. I have a lot of Celeb Cookbooks and I can go through them and find some to share....Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! - in fact, I have been looking for a BBQ chicken recipe, I have been craving it. I think you should make these recipes and take pictures of them.........and make a post! I may even have a place (very soon) that you can showcase them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that! I need to make a list of what I need. I want to make Betty Whites recipe, my family LOVES bananas.

      Delete
  2. That was so fun to read! I love the idea of trying out recipes from these acting legends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do another blog of more of my recipes from the Stars. I have a lot of them from Loretta Lynn, she has some GOOD recipes!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog today through your FB page. I think the worse our world gets, we baby boomers tend to gravitate towards TV shows and memories of our past that bring us comfort. I would much rather look at your pictures than the news. The 60s-70s-80s -- all three were great! Thanks for sharing a great blog and FB page. I will visit often.

    ReplyDelete