Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!!



Hey there friends! I hope that you all had a great holiday and New Year.  Ours was wonderful. The kids got everything that they wanted for Christmas and so did we! I love spending time with the family during the holidays and making memories that will last them a lifetime. I really want my kids to look back with fondness over their childhood. We try really hard to make that happen. We are not perfect, but we try our hardest to make a great home for them.

I really hope I can blog more this year. I had totally stopped blogging for awhile. I started to feel overwhelmed with all of the different social media sites. This year I made a promise to myself that I was going to weed out all of the negative people in my life. I want this year to be a positive and productive year. I have started with deleting many people from my Facebook that I really don't talk to. Its odd to me that we accept all of these request from people that we really don't know. I mean, just because they are a "friend of a friend" shouldn't really mean that we accept them. Its almost like letting someone peek into the windows of your home. We share family pictures, our kids pictures, vacations pictures, and most of us even post where we are going & cooking for the day. I think its great if you want to share that, but we need to be mindful of the people we truly don't know that are seeing all of this.

I know some people think that is ridiculous. However it is something that has really weighed heavily on my mind. So for me, I am starting with Facebook and working my way through that list. To me blogging is totally different. I don't have personal photos posted all over my blog. I strictly share the things that interest me, and the rest of you, like Retro stuff! I love to share all the pics of the 40s, 50s, 60s, and so forth.....

Another thing that I want to try and focus more on is saving money. I would love to be more frugal! I need to clip coupons, start planning our meals better, and making better use of my time. I could use tips if you have any to share!

Do you have any New Years resolutions that you have made? Its more of a tradition now that people do it, but it's still  fun to hear what others want to try and change or work on....Well, I hope you are all off to a happy and healthy year!!


TTYL

RW

5 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel about Facebook friends. I realized many friends-of-friends wanted to connect with me to play one of the many games connected to FB. Since I don't play the Farmville, Candy Crush or any of the others, it was annoying getting all of these requests from people I didn't know. However, some of them wanted to connect to follow my writing career and get the recipes from my blog. So I'm very careful to discover who is friending me and why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those game request are insane! I get so many of them and I don't even play those things. I usually kindly decline. I am not saying we need to cut off everyone, but I think we know who wants to show a genuine interest, or who wants to troll our page, lol.....

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I know exactly what you mean - I've been thinking of doing that again. I do it about once a year I think but hadn't gotten around to it recently. most people I don't know who want to be friends with me on FB think they are going to get extra recipes or something............as you know, I very very seldom put anything on my personal page about the blog or community page, therefore they end up being very disappointed. So glad to see you back blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way. I don't post anything on my personal page in regards to my blog or community page. I like to keep them separate. I like it that way!

      Delete