Monday, January 16, 2012

Blessed to be a Retro Wife


Awhile ago I had said that I wanted to start blogging on Monday about the things I am thankful for to get out of that dreaded Monday mindset we all seem to have. Its the beginning of the work week, the stress and the weekend seems so far away. So, this Monday I am so thankful for many things but, I will say that I am thankful for my ability to stay home and be a Retro Wife. Its not for everyone but its for us. I am truly blessed to be a stay at home mom. Many people take the term "Retro Wife" as something thats in the past or something to live up to but really to me it means being able to do what I believe God has called me to do for our family and thats to be at home and raise our kids and take care of my family. Its my job, my call and my life. Its something I take great pride and joy in doing. Yes, there are days I am screaming and would LOVE to nap or have a break but I know just as fast as they are kids they will be adults one day faster. The time flies and so for me I am so very grateful to be able to stay at home as long as I can. I always say its easier for my hubby to leave the home to work because there he has a time clock, theres not time clock in raising kids though. Until the day I die they will be my children and I wouldn't trade all this stress, frustration or feelings of failure at times for anything. Its worth it to me. What are you thankful for this Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment