Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday blessings


We had a very "non productive" weekend, my whole house has been fighting this horrible cold thats not going away! It started with our middle son, daughter ,oldest son and now hubby has been hit the worst. Thank God I didn't get it bad, just some sore throat and a little coughing but I've been so run down. Most moms can relate, our job is never done. I told my hubby this morning, since he stayed home from work, that I have 4 kids not 3! What is it about our men that when they are sick they act just like a child? I swear, just about every woman I talk to says the same thing! I am a caretaker by nature and I am sure that I don't help matter by the way I "baby" everyone. Its just how I am. I feel if my hubby is good back to me what harm is it in being this way? Right? Well I am beginning to wonder if thats wrong. I have 2 sons and often wonder how they will be as grown men, will they be old fashioned or be more modern? I know that my oldest already is old fashioned, he is the one thats like "I want my wife to stay home and not work". Well, what if he falls in love with a woman who wants to work, or what if financially thats not possible? So many what ifs and marriage is a long way off for them but its still things mothers think about. Obviously I love all things Retro and we are a very traditional family but in this day and age its not always an option for others to have the ability to stay home like I do. I am so very thankful for that the most of anything. I don't think there is anything wrong at all with a woman working, I did before kids, and I would go back once they are grown. If I wanted to work now it wouldn't be worth it anyway with the prices of daycare! I don't want to raise boys who only think that a woman should stay home and not work only, I also have a daughter so I don't want her to be "Expected" to stay home but if this is the way they want to live and its a respectful relationship then have at it! I get a lot of smart remarks about they way we are, I have lots of different friends and their relationships are different then mine so they think its a sign of weakness that I "dropped" everything for my family. I don't see it as that, I see it as a sign of unconditional love and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment