Friday, December 21, 2012

Cheddar Sausage Muffins

This morning I didn't have to  much to make the kids for breakfast since I need to take a trip to the grocery store but I found a package of sage sausage in the freezer, had some cheddar cheese and Bisquick so I decided to try and whip up something with all of them combined. I used my basic cinnamon biscuit recipe and added the rest of my ingredients. You can never go wrong when you have a basic biscuit recipe, you can pretty much add whatever you like and it will taste good, these turned out delicious!
Cook sausage until done then drain, set aside
Mix 2 1/4 cup of Bisquick
2/3 cup of milk
1 cup of cheddar cheese, or however much you may like.
Work the dough until it makes one ball, then I just pinched off what I needed for my pan.
Spray Muffin Pan- add the dough by pushing it down and drop about 1 tbs of sausage into each & then fold dough over top of it.

Bake at 400 for about 12 minutes.

I brushed the tops with butter once they came out of oven.


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! These look wonderful! I love bread in any shape or form.....and sausage? Well, that just puts it over the top! :)
    ~Joy from Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete