Monday, November 5, 2012

November

I love this month so much. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I can't wait to spend time with my family and friends during the Holidays. We are a close family but for some reason this time of year makes it all the more special, this time of year also makes me miss our loved ones who are no longer here with us. It's bitter sweet. Some of our family traditions growing up were the Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins all came to our home for Thanksgiving. Mom cooked all the food for days leading up. We would wake up to a house smelling of turkey and a pot of coffee. At about 3pm we would all grab plates and go into which ever room we wanted. We watched Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase every year! I love that movie. The guys would be in another room watching whatever football  game was on that day. I miss those days. Now my husband and I have our traditions which are cooking all of our food, putting the Christmas tree up while the Macy's day parade is on the TV and decorating it with our 3 kids. I love doing that. Sometimes if there is a really good black Friday deal I will send him out to stand all night for me after dinner, yes, he loves me that much. I wish my family would all gather together in the same room but as we get older and have families of our own it seems people start going in other directions. Its a crazy time when we all have small kids and lots of Grandparents, we need to make sure time is spent with each one wisely. The joy of being an adult has finally sunk in. What are some traditions you share with your family? I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. My husband really hates starting anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving so after dinner is done and the kitchen is cleaned I get out the Partridge Family Christmas Album that I got when I was 8 and that is the first thing we do to kick off the Christmas season. Everyone in my family now has this album on CD and we all listen to it as the first Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds nice. I may have to check that CD out myself!

    ReplyDelete