Monday, November 28, 2011

Simple Christmas


This time of year many people become very busy and VERY stressed, including me! It really is a dread at times but it always works out one way or another. I am CHOOSING this year to not let the stress get too me. What good does it do anyway? The number 1 issue that we deal with is whose house are we going too. For the past 15 years we have gone to my parents home and we really want to stay home Christmas morning, it would be nice to be able to relax and let the kids play. We also have the issue of when do you stop buying for all the "kids" when they are adults? Thats a hard one. How much money per person do you spend. There is ALWAYS someone in the family who puts a price tag on the gift and you feel pressured to get them an expensive one. It really makes the Holidays a "not so fun" time. I hate how it has become about how much we can get, how expensive the gifts, and people being plan ungrateful! So this year I told hubby we are relaxing, no rush to get to ANYONES house, no stress in buying all the "kids" gifts, what matters most is under our roof. I have always been the one who would put her needs on the back burner to please others and quite frankly I am just too tired to deal with that anymore. I want to do what I want and what works best for our family. So I have decided to be stress free this year! Its working pretty good so far! With all that being said I think that the kids and I will be making some home made gifts, we usually do this every year, however this year that may be the only gift for our extended family. Times are hard and nobody really has a ton of extra money and its the thought that counts, right? It is for us. I hope you all try to remain stress free too. I know its easier said then done, I just want a "Simple Christmas".

No comments:

Post a Comment