Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful Monday


I wanted to keep in the pattern of reminding myself of what I am thankful for, especially on Monday, since its the day most people dread because its the beginning of a long work week. The routine that often times makes people get grouchy. Just the whole mindset of "Monday Morning". So this Monday I am so thankful first for my family and our health, 2nd the roof over our head, 3rd the ability to be able to provide nice things for our family, and last but not least, having a reliable vehicle. I have been humbled lately by seeing, and knowing people who are in some sever times of need. I try to do whatever I can to help and its very humbling to see what we have and then look at another who can't even provide the bare needs for their family. Its heartbreaking really. We've come to a place in this world where so much is taken for granted and its a sad place to be. I am really trying to get our family on board with downsizing on some things. The things we want are not needs. I am hoping this holiday season I can teach my family these things and maybe we can help a family out who is in need. I have been cleaning out all the kids old clothes and putting them in bags to give away, I am going to work on the toys next. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new way of thinking for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment