Monday, February 20, 2012

Blessings


Today I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for the ability to homeschool our kids even though they are driving me crazy as I type! There is ALWAYS one thats either crying or fighting but I am praying in the midst of it all there is a lesson to be learned, patience for mama I think it is! I definitely don't have the patience that I once had. It seems like I am always in a hurry to move on to the next thing, I really wish I could learn how to relax a bit, maybe cut back on my coffee? Nah, thats not happening. Maybe I will just use earplugs, some days I really wish I could. Do you ever just wish it were quiet in your house? Just for 5 minutes? I know that sounds selfish to some but when you are with the kids 24/7 its nice to have 5 of those minutes in silence. I am so blessed to stay at home with them and they are my world but sometimes we need to take a little time for ourselves so we can ENJOY them more. My mom always told me "you need time for yourself so you can be the best mother you can" I never understood that comment or maybe I thought it sounded selfish but I do think its so true. So this evening when I take my shower before bed it will be at least 5 minutes of silence! So today thats what I am thankful for, a shower, and I am sure those around are thankful for that too :)

5 comments:

  1. lol! I was just telling my husband that "Silence is Meditative" for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello RW! I have been following you on FB for a few weeks now, and really enjoy your postings. I too feel I was born in the wrong decade, or maybe even the wrong century! I have a 26 yr old daughter doing college work in Criminal Justice, and having raised her myself there were lots of 'low' moments, screaming & crying. Even the Brady Bunch kids were constantly bickering, but that's what forms them in that stage of development & I am happy to say that it does get easier in that arena! I so well remember those days of trying to find the right moment to jump in the shower! Your mom is so right, find that precious niche of time for yourself, I wish I had! You are doing a great job, pat yourself on the back often, well done RW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog.I remember when all I wanted was some quiet time for myself when the kids were small and it was very hard to have.Now that they are grown and have children of their own I miss all the noise and craziness.But you must make time for yourself your mother is right

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words, it gets so hectic homeschooling and being with the kids 24/7, I wouldn't trade a thing but it isn't easy! I love it, but you do need a moment of alone time just to recharge yourself. They grow so fast and one day I know I will miss the chaos. I always tell my hubby he has the easy job leaving to go to work, he agrees but we know that this is how we want to raise our family and what works for us. We all get stressed but it passes, I wouldn't change a thing. Except I would take a longer shower!

    ReplyDelete