Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Blessings


This has been a "Murphy's Law"day for sure. Its starting to look up though. To keep up with my promise to myself about starting my week with a "Monday Blessing" blog, here I go. I am so thankful for our extended family and friends, we had a Birthday Party this weekend for 2 of our 3 kids and we had many friends and family come and celebrate, my kids are truly blessed to have people in their lives other then their parents that love them so much. It gives me some peace to know that if, God forbid, anything ever happened to me or their dad there would be people there for them. Its so easy this day and age to become disconnected with physically seeing people, we get caught up with dropping an email or text that we lose that bonding in person. We all need to get together with friends and family and spend quality time. I can't wait for the spring so that we can have our cookouts and get outside to visit people more, there is something about seeing everyone in person that makes a good feeling, well most people that is, lol...Of course there is always that one person in the crowd we dread to see but I won't got there. My hubby actually had our kids doing the "face time" with their grandmother the other day which was really neat, just another way though to use technology to talk to each other. I think its a great thing but I don't want it to take the place of still getting together in person with those we can. I think its a great tool to use for those of us who have relatives far away or are limited to seeing others for health reasons, finances or whatever may stop us. To sum up my post, I am happy for my children having people in their lives other then mommy and daddy who love them. I know TOO MANY people who have no relationship with their parents or the grandparents and its really sad, the kids always seem to be the ones to suffer.

1 comment: