Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Morning


What a sad weekend this has turned out to be. Am I the only one who really seems affected when A celebrity passes away? My hubby always says "You didn't know them" while that may be true on a person level, I grew up to Whitney Houston. I hear her songs and I can remember where I was usually with each one! "The greatest love of all" was my elementary school song, we sung that during music class and even during an assembly so in a sense I do feel like I knew her. As humans there is that compassion in each of us, especially moms, that really makes you want to reach out to her family and her daughter during this extremely sad time. My heart is heavy, I am praying for them all. I am so thankful today for being here, just to wake up is a gift not to be taken lightly. Its sounds so cliche but everyday is a gift and we need to be thankful for each one. So thats really the thing that has been on my mind and while I want to stay true to blogging on Mondays about the things I am thankful for this is the one thing I've been thinking about, just to wake up I thank God he has given me another day to be here with my loved ones and family and I plan to make the best of it.
I love the quote "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift thats why they call it the present".

No comments:

Post a Comment