Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grandparents




This morning while posting pictures of older country homes I couldn't help but think of my grandparents who I loved dearly and who have passed. Both parents on my mothers side were born in the same town in Va, and it was a SMALL town, but they had never met until sometime in the early 50s when they both attended a Military Dance in DC with friends. While there they met one another and had NO clue they lived in the same town, minutes from one another. Well needless to say they fell in love and had my mama and the rest of their family. I think about them a lot and miss them so much, I like to think that one day I will see them again and I can't wait, well I can, but you know what I mean. I cherish those memories so much. Oh the good ole days, If only I had one more hour for my grandpa to tell me about them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment