Thursday, March 15, 2012


"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams."
~John Barrymore

This quote say so much to me, I've always been a dreamer. It sounds corny but its so true, I have the type of mind that NEVER stops, its constantly going and I'm thinking of the next thing to do. I have noticed though the older I get it does slow down, things that I used to say I was going to do no longer seem attainable, its just because with kids and family my priorities have shifted, greatly. Its no longer about what I want to do but what they need, whats best for my family. Sometimes it does make me feel older, I know I am getting older even though I'm 37 but before kids you have all these things you want and could do. I wouldn't trade my kids or life for anything in the World. They are the best thing that have ever happened to me. However, getting older and realizing life is shifting is kind of a wake up. It makes me want to embrace what we have now, I still have dreams but my dreams have shifted. I will never stop dreaming, I think when we do that, we ARE old. I will just redirect them now. I am happy to do that for my family and I believe thats the stuff you do for family. You put others first. If I could give any type of advice for the newlyweds I would say attain your goals, get them in place because when you have family they become your first priority". I would also say "never stop dreaming, it keeps us young".


No comments:

Post a Comment