Monday, March 5, 2012

Strawberry Oatmeal Bars


After this bout of sickness we all had for a whole week I really wanted to get back to cooking and baking but wanted to start simple since we all are still on the mend. I was watching "The Pioneer Woman" who I love, and she was making Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with the kids, whom she Home Schools, so I just had to make these! The kids can help to and thats always a plus. It also helps them learn their measurements which can give them some Math credit!! They are super simple and much to my surprise very moist and the kids loved them!! The cool thing is you can mix up the flavor, I think the next ones I am going to make will be peach. I was very surprised that my 3 year old asked for the "Strawberry Bar" for breakfast. Don't you just love it when the kids want to eat what you actually make and are not asking for something different!! Love this one and will definitely be making it more in the future.

Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves
  • Directions

    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.

    Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment