Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Fever


Mr.Retro bought our kids the cutest "Veggie Tale" starter plant set. I can't wait to get started. I am having major spring fever. This year its been pretty boring and the weather has been so unpredictable its insane! With 3 kids and homeschool we tend to get spring or cabin fever pretty fast. We love to be with one another but its so nice to get out once in awhile. About 8 years ago I decided to give gardening a try and started with some cayenne peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, and chives. Well, much to my surprise it all grew! My father was in love with the peppers, he said they were the best peppers he'd ever had! Wow, I couldn't believe I could actually garden, now it wasn't the prettiest garden but it was a start. Since then and 2 more babies added to the mix I've not been able to get out and do a lot of stuff like that but this spring I plan on changing that! I am going to do an herb garden with the kids and they love to help. Its easy to maintain since I can buy the green boxes and keep right on the back porch. Easy access for me to take the kids out the sliding door and right onto the porch. I want to teach them that they can be resourceful in things like their food. It definitely will save you down the road. Since we do homeschool its so nice to be able to learn things at our own accord. Its also nice to allow the kids to help with the planting of the seeds, filling the dirt, watering and everything else that goes with it. Its nice when there is a finished product for them to see, the actual fruits of their work! How many of you garden? What is the easiest thing you have found to grow? I could use some tips and much appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment