Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chick Fil A style nuggets

Ok, I will be the first to admit failure when trying a recipe, especially a copy cat one. I must say that this one was a HIT at my house! They disappeared as fast as I made them. We love Chick Fil A like most people do, however, with 3 kids its not always feasible to go there and order nuggets by the pound! While on Pinterest one day I seen a copy cat recipe for their nuggets and thought I would give it a try. Well, today we did and its awesome! I am going to share it with you.
3 pounds Boneless skinless chicken breast cut up into pieces, 1 cup of milk, 1 egg, 2 tbs of pickle juice, yes thats right pickle juice, mix together then marinate for about 3 hours in fridge!
In another ziploc bag put 1 cup of flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, tbs salt, and a tbs of pepper. Add the chicken and shake.
I use Canola oil to fry the chicken in, add the chicken but don't over crowd. Fry on each side about 3 min a piece then flip until juices are clear. Drain on a paper towel then serve. We use Ranch to dip and Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. These are so good. I love the copy cat recipe since we can't always get out to the actual restaurants to eat their food. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment