Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fall

During the Summer I always get impatient for the cooler weather. There is something about the crisp air, spicy smells, warm home that gives me a good feeling in my heart. I think because most of our bigger family gatherings tend to be Thanksgiving and Christmas time that it just brings the family closer. I do enjoy summer but I long for the closeness fall tends to bring. Today I was looking through old pictures and seeing all of us at christmas and thanksgiving and it just made me really long for it. I can remember the 1st day of School for us was always a chilly day, never was it warm enough to wear shorts and it seems now when the kids go back its still blazing hot out!




Maybe the older we get the less tolerant we get for uncomfortable weather, I'm not sure but I am much more happier when its cooler out. I can't wait to start baking lots of pies and big family dinners when it cools down. Its also nice to take the kids for a nice walk and look at the leaves changing colors. Such a pretty time of year and I love to admire Gods wonderful work.

2 comments:

  1. Having lived in AZ for the last 30 years, not entirely by choice, I long for fall! So much that when husband retires in two years, we're moving BACK to the midwest! I love the pictures in your post. Sigh. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel. The only way I survive the nasty, drippy, hot and humid days of summer is knowing that fall will arrive eventually.

    ReplyDelete