Monday, July 30, 2012

Teaching kids colors and other rewarding things

I love to come up with ideas on how to teach the kids things and not always have it be so boring. Most of you know with little kids its not easy to keep them occupied for any length of time but if you have some table mats and m&ms you may be able to do it! I bought these table mats at Target but the Dollar store always has a bunch of different kinds with lots of colors and they are cheap! I let the kids take some m&ms out of a bowl, I monitor how many, and if they can match them up to the right colors they can have them to eat. I also use these to teach them how to count as well. Since we are homeschoolers there are a lot of ways that you can learn to use everyday things in your home to teach the kids. This was just one of the many that we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment