Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making a tender Roast.



Well, I am not going to lie and say that I have always made a good Roast because its just NOT true! I was a horrible cook when I first married 15 years ago. I learned through the years and my husband is a "Meat and Potato" kind of guy. I would ruin so many Roasts, Steaks, Pork Chops and even burgers! They were always to dry!

Well I invested in buying a Dutch Oven and its been the BEST thing that I have bought yet for our kitchen. You can make anything in it, even bake a cake! Its just like a cast iron skillet but its a pot with a lid. Mine is enamel coated so you can wash it with soap unlike traditional cast iron where you just use water so you don't ruin them. I love it. I put a Roast in that and let it sit for hours on low, it never burns and the worst thing that happens is the meat FALLS off from being so tender! Not so bad huh?

I had many dinners where I was upset over food not turning out. This solved my problem! I make this Roast and put it with a cup of water and pack of Lipton Onion Soup and let it simmer. It would make great Roast beef and gravy because it literally falls apart. I add flour to the broth and it makes yummy gravy. Try it and let me know how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment