Thursday, October 11, 2012

Single Parenting

Todays Q&A is asked from a single 26 year old mother of 2 girls, she asks "I have 2 amazing daughters who I raise alone, no child support or help, I work and pay all the bills. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever meet anyone. I get lonely, when I take the girls to school some of the mothers look down on me. I just want some advice. I feel like I will never fall in love or meet someone. Its hard sometimes. I have an incredible life but would love some advice for a single mom, Thanks". Chime in if you like. I replied privately so if any of you would like to offer up anything that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. I was in the same boat. Two daughters, I worked 3 jobs (thank God for my mother!) and it was a hard road. You'll meet someone! It'll happen. I did! My only advice,besides don't give up and it WILL be worth it, is frequent the places where a good man could be found. It is doubtful that you will find the man you want to help raise your girls in a bar. Try work, church, the grocery store, a friend's wedding, etc. Of course, each person is different and stinkers are everywhere but hold on to your goals for your little family of 3 now. Hold tight to your dreams and values as a collective because those girls will be yous forever and will remember lots. Be strong, I believe that men admire strength in a woman and a good man will never try to break that. And the last thing, you need to to be happy with yourself. Learn to be satisfied in your own company & just appreciate the moment. God bless you, it'll all be fine.

    ReplyDelete